Ok, so i’m going out on a whim AGAIN with my blog posts and speaking about issues that need to be touched upon severely. We know i’m living in New Zealand, and that it’s every American‘s nightmare of ‘Socialized Healthcare‘ – without the “OBAMA” part. I’m liberal in my thoughts, but sometimes public health care is lackluster and very vague. Some GP services are wonderful, my GP is a saint – so let’s not blame the GP services section.
I have been through this “PUBLIC MENTAL HEALTHCARE NIGHTMARE” over 12 or more years in NZ. Trying to figure out about my ADHD and other issues in a severely stymied system. Let us just say, I’ve had a couple psychiatrists almost make me believe i was 1000% normal – and nothing entirely wrong at all. Everyone is just a little strange, yes – and i’m not going to delve too far into my issues because this isn’t a counselling session.
But how do you take the new DSM IV TR and have a straight face when diagnosing your patients? I could give a rats hoot about “stigma” – if i have depression or anxiety, or even aspergers – just throw it at me, but don’t give me a cop out diagnosis. Adjustment disorder, seems like a lollipop in the face of a world full of different choices. So yea i’m left with a sour taste in my mouth – and just really wish that people would stop candying crap.
I’m grown up, i know how to handle the balls of life…. really … seriously… (They’re coming to take me away ha ha…) ahem.. >.>
Anyways, yea just the public health debacle just needs to be looked at, and fixed – there is no black and white to the way things work. You can’t just go “You’re social, you talk normal you’re not this” … and make it look like things are “Complete bulltick” and try and convince me that the counsellor i saw was a “Social Worker” not a registered Psychologist.
- Learn mental health, local GPs urged (fijitimes.com)
- Mental health staff on police patrol (bbc.co.uk)
- The Importance of Good Mental Health (caminarformentalhealth.com)
- More support needed for caregivers, says new mental health report (ctvnews.ca)
- Top of the List: Public health care companies (bizjournals.com)
- Controversial update to psychiatry manual, DSM-5, arrives (cbsnews.com)
- How Your Child with ADHD Can Finally Sleep Better (plushbeds.com)
- What is a Health Care Subsidy? (turbotax.intuit.com)
- eHealth: The good, bad and ugly (doctorsbag.wordpress.com)